2018年6月27日水曜日

No13. Sherlock Holmes Short Stories

At the time of this story, I was still living at my friend Sherlock Holmes's flat in Baker Street in London. (p.1)

I read a book, "Sherlock Holmes Short Stories." The teller is Watson who is Holmes' friend. This book consists of three stories. The most interesting story for me is first one, "The Speckled Band." One day, a woman visits Holmes because her sister was killed by someone. And the way to die is so strange. The woman lives with her stepfather who is violent, so she is afraid of him every day. She worries about her safety and wants Holmes to help her. What will be happend next? If you are interested in the story, please read it!

Conan Doyle, Sir A. (1989). Sherlock Holmes short stories. Oxford : Oxford University Press.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

No. 15 Girl on a Motorcycle

'Give me the money' says the robber to the Los Angeles security guard. The guard looks at the gun and hands over the money. (from ba...