2018年6月20日水曜日

No.12 The Sign of Four

'I am afraid,' said Miss Morstan.
'What should I do, Mr Holmes?'
Holmes jumped up excitedly. (from back cover)

I read a book, 'The Sign of Four.' Sherlock Holmes and Watson spend boring life. One day, Miss Morstan visits Holmes. She wants him to help her. She receives the letter from someone who she doesn't know. And the letter says, "Go to the Lyceum Theatre tonight at seven o'clock. Stand outside the entrance, on the left. If you are afraid, bring two friends. Do not bring the police. You have been deceived, but you will learn the truth tonight." So Holmes, Watson and Miss Morstan decide to go there together. This story made me excited, so I want you to read it!


Conan Doyle, Sir Arthur. (1992). The Sign of Four. Oxford : Heinemann International.

1 件のコメント:

No. 15 Girl on a Motorcycle

'Give me the money' says the robber to the Los Angeles security guard. The guard looks at the gun and hands over the money. (from ba...