2017年12月7日木曜日

book number 9, The Elephant Man

He did not look like a man. He looked like an elephant. I read the writing under the picture. It said: Come in and see the Elephant Man. 2 pence. I opened the door and went in. There was a man in the shop. He was a dirty man in an old coat with a cigarette in his mouth. 'What do you want?' he asked. (p.2)





I read a book, "The Elephant Man." I was surprised at the story because this is true story. There was a man who is poor, ugly. And nobody loved him, everyone laughed at him. He was taken care of, like an animal, by shopkeeper until he met a doctor. The doctor was interested in him, so he took him in his hospital. In the end, the man could have happy life thanks for the doctor.



Vicary, Tim. (1989). The Elephant Man. Oxford: Oxford bookworms.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

No. 15 Girl on a Motorcycle

'Give me the money' says the robber to the Los Angeles security guard. The guard looks at the gun and hands over the money. (from ba...